[ros-dev] is there any trick for installing sound driver without need to use add The new hardware vizard?

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at deep.cz
Wed Feb 3 20:14:34 CET 2010

Dear core developers,

    I would like to really intensively test The Reactos and i would really like to send The debug logs. But first of all, i need to install The .sys driver for The Soundmax integrated digital audio. I know about other screen reader, which could use less dlls and is more simple, it's name is Pocked reader and this program has been programmed in The Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 professional edition and it uses it's own speech engine no Espeak, but it's own algorithms for synthesizing speech, but only for Czech language.

I would use Pocked reader even while working with Wine, but without possibility to geeting The necessary feetback for example, no menu items even from The Pocked reader internal windows could not be retrieved.

I know, that on Windows XP it is possible to use device manager and reinstall The driver, but i do not know, if The device manager of Reactos can also use this feature. I know, that The driver for The soundmax integrated digital audio can be installed without need to use included setup program. My problem is, howto add device driver without feetback of The screen reader.

Is there any possibility, for example, use complicated command line consists of rundll32 dll name and some procedures with The required paramethers?

I also have Tieman braille Voyager braille device, but i do not know, if adding The .sys driver would be also possible for this device.

Thank You very much for any feetback and help provided. I think, that You would know, how to bypass The add hardware or how to use it without required feetback.