[ros-dev] arwinss does not mean compatibility

James Tabor jimtabor.rosdev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:42:21 CET 2010

Well a quick overview,
Arwinss is allocating from two places, Gdi32 and Win32k. Most likely
based on what I read from the source, (wine) Gdi32. I'm not sure if
you are passing everything to the
ProcessEnvironmentBlock->GdiSharedHandleTable which originates in
win32k, if not GDIView may not work. Both cases, it will not work or
keep an accurate count of the object handles.

<Now Reading Again>

So in the case of (wine) Gdi32, the max allocations are about 16360,
per process heap I guess, not sure. The check in win32k is still there
in gdiobj.c but is that being used? DC, SURFACE and PALETTE as I can
see. Regions are being allocated in (wine) Gdi32. Looking again,
everything else too.

Example, For Dc; alloc_dc_ptr by alloc_gdi_handle in (wine) gdiobj.c.
Region just calls alloc_gdi_handle.

Why GDIView? It is off the shelf and it is not ours!
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/gdi_handles.html