[ros-dev] Time to Branch for Release

Olaf Siejka caemyr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:11:40 CET 2010

I do strongly believe in releasing before major IT events, to maximize the
potential short-time increase of interest around ReactOS, that could be
combined with the leverage granted by the event. My answer is - yes if we
can make it,

Regarding current trunk issues, i have compiled a small list of the new ones
(or just freshly detected):
- general instability when browsing internet on Vbox, bridged (FF 2.x,
K-meleon);
- UNIATA timings issue on Vbox and some real hardware, resulting in random
crashes in 1st stage and freezes in 3rd and later stages (when CDRom is
used);
- UNIATA bug: 7B bugcheck if CDROM is set to any of IDE slave channels
(dreimer lappy suffers from this issue as well);
- HAL: An invalid V86 opcode - in some real hardware
- kdbg bug when attaching to any process/thread manually, resulting in lack
of any debug information (regs, bt);

More may follow