[ros-dev] Time to Branch for Release

James Tabor jimtabor.rosdev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:44:43 CET 2010

This is very good data!

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Olaf Siejka <caemyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regressions (more to come):
> Freeldr - regression while booting in memory rich environment (>3.6 GB);
> Kernel - regression in Vbox guest additions, video driver fails with VRAM
> set to 64MB or more;
> Ollydbg - regression in both functionalities (process attaching and opening
> executable)
> As for fixes:
> Win32 - region leaked finally fixed;
> Cc - arty, when we'll be able to feel its awesomeness?
> Networking - aicom's branch needs to be fully merged;
> Probably will be more
> 2010/3/2 Aleksey Bragin <aleksey at reactos.org>
>>
>> What improved over the last release, realuser-wise (not code-wise)?
>>
>> Kernel side / HAL - still dealing with some regresses (hopefully, mostly
>> done)
>> Networking - definately improved
>> Drivers - uniata problem mainly (was reverted for 0.3.11).
>> Sound - improved
>> Bootvid - improved
>> Win32 - ?
I believe Alex, KJK and Timo was making this point. If anyone wants to
handle more than one project, I expect them to be responsible to
handle the work load required of them. To stay up to date on all
issues, verifying and testing as required. To not know is not being
responsible. Due to this, the project has suffered from it. Trunk
freezes are not helping and creates dysfunctional continuities in the
projects progress. As a result I have refrained from any win32k
commits to only have bulk changes after full testing with known stable
kernels. I am also for consideration of a standalone release to set
benchmarks for testing. Since everyone waits for a release to come out
anyway. This would allow our developers to have a wider test bed and
collect more input from the outside.

Fixing win32k is the primary goal of the ReactOS project, if this is
not true why have Arwinss?

Thanks,
James