[ros-dev] Summer of Code 2010

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 23:10:40 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Andrew Faulds <ajfweb at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Well, here are some suggestions:

Since google likes to reject ReactOS projects, I think it is better to
present them as independent projects.

> Sound Stack & NVDA (already mentioned)

Maybe see if NVDA works under Wine and if not submit it as a project
through them, just keep the ReactOS name off of it and everyone is
happy except for ReactOS enthusiasts.

> USB - Having working USB support, particularly for flash drives would be
> very useful

I seem to recall someone had developed a USB stack for NT4 for Legacy
systems but it was very limited. Perhaps you could submit a project to
create a better implementation of this for legacy systems. Are there
newer features and functionality in USB that say do not work on
Windows 2000?

--
Steven Edwards