[ros-dev] Hook rewrite / regressions

James Tabor jimtabor.rosdev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:10:46 UTC 2010

Hi!
I guess I just answered my own question. What is happening, is basic
stack corruption. WH_GETMESSAGE as an example, when the call to
co_HOOK_CallHooks is made with the Msg pointer in the data stack, we
send the global message hook with this pointer. So it crashes or sends
the wrong corrupted garbage data to the hook proc. This leaves us with
one way to fix this,,, using a allocated packet the same way we send
hooks to the user proc....

So we expand HOOKPACK, co_CallHook and IntCallLowLevelHook to handle this..

Thanks,
James