[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [pschweitzer] 49662: [NTOSKRNL] [HAL] Disable INIT_FUN

Pierre Schweitzer pierre.schweitzer at reactos.org
Sat Nov 20 15:49:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I know that r49463 only added INIT_FUNCTION to HAL, but I reverted both, just to be sure. I can get back ntoskrnl as they don't seem to be concerned.

Now, on other remarks, considering that:
- This has never be presented as a fix (but as a test)
- Win32k INIT_FUNCTION is not defined for GCC (only for MSVC)
- Testbot is now stuck in ARM³ MM bugs
- You are away after breaking trunk (as usual)
- Said "_Some_ people" include our testbot and some of our devs
- Being mean won't fix anything

Only ntoskrnl will get its INIT_FUNCTIONS back.
If GCC is broken, then we should only use that feature on MSVC, as it's done with win32k.
If you are unhappy with such measures, keep in mind that you have commit access also for fixes.

Btw, www.itworksforme.com is a pretty bad reference.

Regards,
P. Schweitzer