[ros-dev] Please tell me

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Mon Oct 25 13:56:54 UTC 2010

Hi Fan,
reinstalling to test every small change is quite timeconsuming. I
suggest you directly mount your virtual machine's harddrive (tools
exists for this, e.g. VDK, or some virtual machines provide their own
tools), and directly copy changed files into existing ros
installation. Furthermore, if you set an env var ROS_INSTALL to Z:
\ReactOS, and you mount VM harddrive to the letter Z:\, you can issue
"make module_install" (e.g. make ntoskrnl_install) in RosBE, and it
will automatically build and copy the file to the installation
directory.

Hope this helps,
Aleksey.