[ros-dev] Networking

Ged Murphy gedmurphy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 13:52:21 UTC 2010

Aagghhhhh!!! Why is everything always done over IRC????

The neglection of the reactos mailing lists is one of this _big_ things this
project does wrong.

-          It forces the community into a sort of hidden niche group and
alienates people who don't use IRC

-          It gives the impression that reactos activity is low. There are
thousands of people who follow this project aren't on IRC and have no idea
of what is going on.

-          It arguably deters new people from joining because they can't
really get to grips with the project without becoming a slave to IRC

-          It means important discussions are missed, even by the core team,
if they aren't watching the IRC chat 24/7 or miss a PM

I could go on and on with reasons of why you neglect the mailing lists is so
harmful, but I fear no one will listen to my cries.

Maybe I should vent my frustration in IRC for the niche community, and we
can all have an internal discussion about it???

Ged.