[ros-dev] Wine Gecko

Colin Finck mail at colinfinck.de
Wed Oct 27 18:45:14 UTC 2010

Bernd Blaauw <bblaauw at home.nl> wrote:
> I'll have to verify if this is release-only or also in trunk builds
> (older ones didn't have it  [...]

The mshtml winesync in question has occured shortly after 0.3.11 had
been released, so this also affects trunk builds for quite a while now.
To make a long story short:

- Yes, the Wine-Gecko CAB should have been integrated into 0.3.12, but
   due to a communication issue during the release engineering process,
   this hasn't been done.

- Yes, this message is shown in second stage setup, because it's part
   of the DllRegisterServer() of mshtml.

- Someday in the future, when our build system can afford such big
   packages and when ReactOS starts to depend more on the availability of
   a HTML engine (e.g. for HTML Help), we will certainly integrate a
   full mshtml including a HTML engine.
   I just doubt it will still be Gecko by then as you (AFAIK) need to
   integrate the sources of a whole Mozilla browser for compiling the
   engine.

Cheers,

Colin