[ros-dev] Getting a Windows Server 2003 license for the project?

Colin Finck colin at reactos.org
Tue Jan 18 17:55:02 UTC 2011

Ged Murphy wrote:
> I think it's much more important to have a Windows build machine than it is
> to have an remote machine devs can use as as a test bed.

Olaf's Windows build slaves are currently being integrated into our
BuildBot.
As stated, I could also donate and set up a Windows XP license to be
used as another Buildslave if there is a need.

> I can't see how can
> you be a ros/nt dev without access to at least one NT5 box.

Change NT5 to NT5.2 and the list should become quite short.

As long as no one proposes a major change, we are still heading for
NT5.2 compatibility (at least kernel-wise). And then we have to verify
that all our API implementations are not just compatible to some NT5
version but 100% compatible to NT5.2.

Encountering an NT5.2-incompatible API can be as easy as testing
screensavers (see r28953/r28955). Tell me how to avoid such mistakes in
the future if we don't consequently test against NT5.2.

- Colin