[ros-dev] HAL multi-targeted build

Pierre Schweitzer pierre.schweitzer at reactos.org
Wed Mar 16 17:16:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

currently working on HAL and HAL targets (ACPI, MP, UP and so on), I discovered a quite bad issue in our build process.
Just look at the function HalInitSystem at 8 (halinit.c), depending on the build target we don't add the same code (look at CONFIG_SMP, which is only defined for HAL MP). But, currently, as we are building using HAL library for reducing code redudancy, this halinit.c file is only built ONCE. So, build targets aren't taken into account (MP, ACPI).

So, two choices, or we break that model, and forget about lib, and just keep base .rbuild (hal.rbuild, halacpi.rbuild, and so forth) with all files defined in those.
Or with find something smarter better such as rebuilding the lib with the new flags for each build?
Or finding a way to include .rbuild files in other rbuild files?

I'm not really sure about the way to proceed, that's why I "release" that question to the whole ML. Furthermore, could CMAKE be any use here? To facilitate the process?

Regards,
P. Schweitzer