[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [gadamopoulos] 51115: [ntoskrnl] - Implement calling OkayToCloseProcedure callouts to win32k for desktop and window station objects - Fix a bug that caused ObpCloseHandle to return success even whe...

Timo Kreuzer timo.kreuzer at web.de
Tue Mar 22 23:35:34 UTC 2011

Am 22.03.2011 23:17, gab Alex Ionescu folgendes von sich:
> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

Since you seem to be interested in helping the project but are uncapable
of doing it correctly, let me help you a bit:
The fact that you gave a talk about something is probably pretty
important ... for your ego. Its irrelevant to fixing the problem though.
Instead of mentioning it, and later posting quite a lot of even more
unrelated, boring and useless information, you could have simply pointed
out where the actual problem was. That would have helped more. Altough
it would have been less fun of course and less people would google for
your name / talk. (I didn't anyway)
I wonder if MS really made the mistake of returning TRUE/FALSE in a
function that is supposed to return an NTSTATUS. Probably not. Did you
even notice this bug? If yes, thanks for not mentioning it to avoid any
inconvenience. If no... nah, impossible,

BTW, would you like to take part in GSoC as a student? Maybe you could
do something like rewriting the kernel based on windows 8 or something?
I think I could mentor you.

Thanks,
Timo