[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [tkreuzer] 51748: [NTOSKRNL] Patch by Paolo Bonzini <bonzini [at] gnu [dot] org> Fix implementation of ExInterlockedAddLargeStatistic The old version wasn't really atomic. See issue #6223 for more ...

Timo Kreuzer timo.kreuzer at web.de
Sat May 14 23:07:26 UTC 2011

Am 15.05.2011 00:06, schrieb Alex Ionescu:
> Congrats on once again breaking another key part of Windows compatibility.
Sorry for my ignorance. Could you please enlighten me and explain how
code that behaves identically, except in very, very rare cases, where it
doesnt fail miserably like the old version, and which might be a tiny
piece slower, will break compatibility. Do drivers expect the function
to fail randomly? Is the function time critical? Do snakes have legs?
Whats the purpose of life?

> This function is DOCUMENTED to tear. It was DESIGNED that way on purpose.
I see, "Its not a bug, its a feature"(tm)

> Utter failure, once more.
Of course, "As usual"(tm)