[ros-dev] trunk is broken Re: [ros-diffs] [tkreuzer] 53896: [FREELDR] - Move some disk related stuff that is unrelated to the registry data into a new file, hwdisk.c - Don't get the disk count from the size value of a structure that was pr...

Ged Murphy gedmurphy.maillists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:08:11 UTC 2011

Why are there still 2 build systems?
It's been like this for 3 or 4 months now and you still have the problem
where some people are using rbuild and some people are using cmake.

Is it because writing an OS is too easy and you all need more of a
challenge?

You now have the following developer configurations:

Build System	Compiler	Platform
rbuild		gcc		windows
rbuild		gcc		linux
cmake		gcc		windows
cmake		gcc		linux
cmake		msvc		windows

Add to that 4 different flavours of developer virtual machine and it's no
wonder you're constantly tripping up over each other.

I'm sure you all don't want to hear me rant about best practice and how this
should be fixed, but someone needs to step in and try to define some sort of
base development platform.

Ged.