[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [jgardou] 55770: [NTOSKRNL/MM] - finally, release user shared data at process address space cleanup. - release PDE pages that might not be freed at process end. - Let the caller handle PDE release ...

Thomas Faber thfabba at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 11:30:38 UTC 2012

Hey Jérôme,

On 2012-02-21 01:40, Jérôme Gardou wrote:

> Le 21/02/2012 01:32, jgardou at svn.reactos.org a écrit :
>> Author: jgardou
>> Date: Tue Feb 21 00:32:24 2012
>> New Revision: 55770

>> Log:
>> [NTOSKRNL/MM]
>>   - finally, release user shared data at process address space cleanup.
>>   - release PDE pages that might not be freed at process end.
>>   - Let the caller handle PDE release when deleting a PTE
>>   - restore Richard's ASSERT : All user PDE pages are now freed!
> Addendum to log :
>     When a page maps a Prototype PTE, we can't know if it must be deleted before dropping shared reference. Modify ASSERT accordingly.
>     Restore the ASSERTion that only page fault should provocate the creation of the PDE and modify PDE refcounting in pageout code accordingly.

there's a kernel assertion failure after (!) the kernel32:virtual
test starting with this revision (that of course doesn't show up
in Testman results. Evil).
It's a different failure in VirtualBox vs. KVM apparently.

Perhaps you have an idea where this comes from?

r55770 VBox
http://reactos.org/testman/detail.php?id=4209391&prev=0
r55770 KVM
http://reactos.org/testman/detail.php?id=4206792&prev=0