[ros-dev] Rasberry Pi

Ged Murphy gedmurphy.maillists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 12:41:03 UTC 2012

I thought Windows supported v5 - v7?

Anyway, I realise that the Raspberry Pi uses the dated v6 architecture, but
the killer thing here is the $25 price tag.

There's also the BeagleBoard which is slightly cheaper than the PandaBoard,
and also uses the A8/v7 chip. But at $149 I really don't see it shifting the
same number of units as the raspberry boards. I already know quite a lot of
people who are wanting to personally buy quite a few for fun and potential
uses.

Maybe the development effort for a v6 port isn't worth it, but I think it's
worth keeping an eye on the sales figures because the demand for these
things seems huge. Potentially, that's a large number of developers which
might be attracted to reactos.

Ged