[ros-dev] Rasberry Pi

Maya Posch maya at nyanko.ws
Wed Jan 11 12:48:21 UTC 2012

If the Wikipedia page on ARM 11 is to be believed
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM11), then even the original Nvidia
Tegra uses this architecture, but aside from the Raspberry Pi I am not
aware of any ARM11-based platform out there which might be useful for
ROS, unless someone wants to run it on a smartphone.

I think at this point one has to look at the features provided by the
ARMv6Z architecture and see whether it suffices for ROS's ARM port. If
it's too much of a bother to work around issues, then don't use it.

Maya