[ros-dev] Proposal for FF support drop

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Sun Jan 15 15:51:46 UTC 2012

Op 15-1-2012 16:34, Andrew Faulds schreef:
> Why not just drop support for FF entirely from rapps? I'd say better
> no browser than a terribly outdated one.
>
> If users want FF they can do this:
> C:\ReactOS>  ftp
> ftp>  open ftp.mozilla.org
> ftp>  cd pub/firefox/releases/8.0/win32/en-GB
> ftp>  get Firefox Setup 8.0.exe

You're a version behind already ^^
Perhaps they should create a "/current" or "/latest" and offer "FireFox
Setup.exe" there.

I'm not understanding the original mail.
Is it proposed to:
a) drop all FireFox versions?
b) only offer version 2.0 ? Why 2.0 specific?
c) only offer 2 versions? One modern and 1 reference/test?

As usefull as old versions are for regression testing, users generally
like having an updated, or latest, version of everything.

When installing Windows the first thing done also is opening Internet
Explorer to download FF (Chrome or Chromium could also, I guess), and
for me that's the last time IE is used.