[ros-dev] HP webOS goes opensource

Ameen Ross a.ross at amdev.eu
Tue Jan 17 11:25:47 UTC 2012

Uh, that's strange...
Not only is that old news, I wonder whether you've read TFA. It has an
update at the bottom:
*"One thing that I forgot to mention, but which is critical to the
success of Linux, is that there really is no such thing as monolithic
"Linux." Linux is highly modular and can be trimmed down/beefed up to
fit a wide variety of applications...on the developers' terms, not Red
Hat's, Novell's, Canonical's, etc. *

*So, unlike Windows, which can only be what Microsoft dictates, Linux
can truly be all things to all people, as "fat" or as "skinny" as the
developer wants it to be. Ubuntu is obese compared to sub-100 KB uClinux
distributions, for example. Both serve different, and useful, purposes."*

That being said, I love ReactOS and I sure hope that it will actually be
viable in the near future. From there on I'm expecting the same kind of
exponential growth (initially) as Linux has seen. In technical terms
that is.