[ros-dev] once agaon about ReactOS trademark infringement by Facebook

Colin Finck colin at reactos.org
Thu Sep 28 14:33:43 UTC 2017

We already discussed this privately back in February 2015, so let's get
some facts straight:

* We own a ReactOS trademark in Russia, registered in 2008.
I don't find any trademark related to ReactJS.

* If you search just for "React", you find a lot of trademarks by
various unknown companies coexisting next to each other.

* I am not interested in sueing other parties on questionable grounds,
and I guess this applies to the other developers too. Especially not if
they are into Open Source as well.
This is also a question of attitude!

* The least we can do is keeping up our Russian trademark and register
it in other countries too, using the priority of the Russian one.
This gives us power to defend against any claims from third parties.

If we develop a good relationship with the ReactJS guys, we could
mutually put disambiguation links on both websites and solve any
problems that way.

Best regards,

Colin Finck