[ros-general] writing file manager / how to use lex?

Jason Filby jasonfilby at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 17:38:24 UTC 2004

Jan Tisje wrote:

>it seems to me, ROS exp is far from finished, too.
>and first view was not what I was expecting from a file manager.
>Well, i do not know anything about the internals. is anything
available?
>Jan

Hi Jan

ROS Explorer being far from finished doesn't seem like a valid reason
start from scratch again. There's no reason you can't write an
alternative, but I do think that you should first consider furthering

ROS Explorer. Another plus for ROS Explorer is that it's written in
C++
and can be compiled with MingW. A Delphi shell will not easily be
included with the ReactOS distribution - but perhaps that's not what
you
want anyway. These are not reasons not to begin work on your file
manager - just things to be aware of before you begin.

The webpage for ROS Explorer is here:
http://www.sky.franken.de/explorer/

The source code is in the ReactOS source under:
reactos\subsys\system\explorer

Cheers
Jason