[ros-general] MTools for WIN32

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Wed Oct 5 11:58:23 UTC 2005

Martin Fuchs schreef:

>today I tried to setup a QEMU boot environment for ReactOS.
>I had a few problems to create the image and configuret the partition
>on Windows.
>

>I think this download link should also be put into the Wiki:
>http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_ReactOS#Using_MTools

I downloaded the QEMU 0.27 release for Windows, it's the only way to get
a compiled 0.7x version of QEMU for win32.
(OSFREEZOO has older versions). Replace the ISO image by your SVN ISO.
Download BOCHS and use the BXIMAGE program to create a new (flat?) disk
image,
replace c.img in the QEMU/ReactOS directory by this new image.

To my knowledge QEMU will not allow you to boot from cdrom unless a
harddisk is present.
(try the LiveCD in QEMU for example, and remove the "c.img" part from
boot.bat)

no idea about Mtools for updating, I'm just a simple user :)

>Thanks,
>
>     Martin

Bernd