[ros-general] Re: ReactOS UI Team - Concept, Plan, and: help wanted

Martin Fuchs fuchs.martin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 21:36:50 UTC 2005

On 14.10.2005 08:21:30 Mikko Tikkanen wrote:
> Quick post before school.

> Erm. As I've stated since the start of whole UI team conversation, I
> would like to see ROS aim for classic window look (classic being XP's
> classic theme) with few upgrades, like start menu. I've been designing
> new way for configuring the OS but I still don't think I like it
> enough...

OK, I also prefer the "classic look" of Windows. It's not wasting so much
space on the desktop for window borders and big start menu icons.
What are your ideas to improve the start menu?
I already implemented little gimmicks like the floating start menu windows
and the "program search dialog", which makes possible to search entries
in the "program" start menu folder.

> Anyways, as soon as I get my computer table up I start writing some
> proper design documents instead of just graphical tests. (Done those
> at school) The cardboard - couch environment isn't very healty since I
> have to hunch down to write anything...

Good, we are awaiting your design documents.  :)

> Personally I would also like to see you joining the UI team, since the
> explorer is a important part of GUI.

Who are the "members" of the team - is there some official list?
I think any one can take part in discussions on the mailing list,
and adopt some parts of work.

Regards,

   Martin