[ros-general] Wait a second...

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 18 06:22:20 UTC 2005

Since this is still [ros-general], emphasis on "general":

When I first saw your ros home page I was very impressed with the amount of effort which must have gone into it. There were some errors but tolerable.
Some of the loose references to ros being "buggy" is not helpfull either.
Preserving the Windows "buggyness" is a little too extreme.
I imagined that a lot of money must have secured ros the top system designers.
Amazing that it has all been done on "the smell of and oil rag".
Congratulations !.
I also thought that focussing on some obvious (to us) mistakes would be "nit picking".
However it is now becoming a serious issue, which I feel can be addressed by a few simple "adjustments". Perhaps I'm overreacting.
But, falling back on regulation is throwing good energy after bad.
I don't see that it is necessary.
Is it appropriate to discuss it here?
As for this:
> > Just code, don't talk works fine...when you are a two people project.
I would suggest they retire to minGW-Msys where they can talk code "until the cows come home" and be gently diciplined by Earnie Boyd, its a great list.
Then maybe  [ros-general] can stay as it is "general".

Regards and rosuccess
Justin
Justin