[ros-general] New to ReactOS

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 18 13:35:57 UTC 2005

Ok Kevin, you win.
How can I begin to answer you?
Except to say, take a look at where tha AIM group: Apple IBM and Motorola are going.
It looks like Wintel group Microsoft and Intel will not be far behind either.

So please take a look at what has been thrown away in 1996.

www.cs.uta.fi/kurssit/OPOK/smalltalk/Smalltalk%20Express/

Please download it. It's only about 3 MB compressed (in two files).
It is free non commercial and will do absolutley no damage I promise you.
Because it was designed for DOS it will call the Windows API only very rarely.
In fact I ran  it in safe mode and I could access the hard disk, which is supposed to be impossible to do.
This version is probably limited to 256 colors so make sure you switch the display.
Then we can talk later about the relavance of 'C' and 'Assembler'
Regards and rosuccess
Justin