[ros-general] New to ReactOS

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 18 19:38:29 UTC 2005

True Magnus.
However C and Assembler are only two of about 150 computer languages.
They are the A to Z, so to speak, and have a set order, like the numbers 123...n-1.
Some people are so obsessed by Number and Letter sequences, that is all they do.
Like chasing pi
Pythagoras established a complete religion on a simple Triangle.
In the beginning Unix recognised a string of character terminated by a null character.
And the standard io was a keyboard and display, and it was ASCII not extended.
I do not think much has changed, except we make it a lot harder to distinguish between these simple beginnings and now.
There are two basic kinds of operatives:
The What-if kind and the How-to kind
The What-if kind like the spread sheet and play games with truth tables
The How-to kind like to build the tools for the What-if kind.
The What-if kind want to want to build the world.
The How-to kind want to print it out as "hello world"
both are obsessions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_world_program

Regards and rosuccess
Justin