[ros-general] New to ReactOS

Kevin Lawton kepla at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 20 08:11:35 UTC 2005

Me too, Justin.
After more than a couple of decades in 'software development' I find I can become somewhat jaded by 'the same old thing', but there's still a few challenges to be met if we look for them.  ;-)
I guess I've always been 'turned on' by good engineering - novel and effective solutions to creating anything, whether it be electrical mechanical or software. Like a suspension bridge, or a large building which doesn't fall over in an earthquake, or a space rocket which can actually carry more than enough fuel to reach orbit, or a steam locomotive which can manage 25% efficiency, or well-written software. I think there is an enormous gulf between 'hacking code' and 'software engineering'.
I also think that any opportunity to show Microsoft 'how it should be done' is to be welcomed.
Maybe I need to subscribe to ros-theorising or ros-soapbox !     lol
Keep right on meeting those challenges - there's life in us old dogs yet !
Kevin.