Issue 1. [Re: [ros-general] ROS-User-Issues]

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 25 23:00:34 UTC 2005

Hi fellow ros-Users.
So far no silly programmers have bother to break into our trivial pursuit.
I hope it is because they are too serious to be bothered.
To be fair I started this with a silly mistake. Sorry, and pleased at the outcome.
I would like to end it with a serious analytical guess. Ahem, cough !

If we add an "e" we get User NeT(work) . Ok with that?
Now it we add the Letter for the the other great *nix discovery i.e. "X" (terminal). Still OK?
Put them both together you get NeXT, for Jobs's Apple HyperText and HyperCard
Which today is the backbone of the Internet.
Jobs takes his payout after being dumped from Apple, takes the bit he missed from Xerox Smalltalk80 and builds NeXT computers, the ferrari of Computers.
He brings it back to Apple again put it on a Linux kernel and calles it NextStep.
Together (AIM group Apple, IBM and Motorolla) they build the "G" series.
Microsofts decides to catch up by applying it to his own hardware base i.e.  Intel.
It is called the Wintel group.
This may just be a lot of proverbial codswallop, but as User-gossip goes, it does provide a base for further investigation.
Can we lift the level a bit?
So can I close Issue 1.0 and suggest opening, maybe Issue 2.0?

Cheers and rosuccess
Justin