[ros-translate] several questions
tsk_n at mail.goo.ne.jp
Sun Sep 25 07:02:07 CEST 2005
I encountered several questions when I was translating.
maybe I had better visit IRC, but I can speak English just very slowly...
1) At lib\cpl\sysdm line 29, the word "Windows" may be wrong.
"ReactOS" may be correct.
2) Should I translate texts in "STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE" ?
3) At appwiz line 14/16, "Add/Remove" is not suitable, I think.
This is a button whose functionality is *modify* or remove programs,
so "Modify/Remove" (or "Change/Remove" etc...) is more suitable.
4) In some files (e.g. cpl\nctp, access, sysdm) there is duplication of HotKey.
For instance, HotKey "U" is used twice in General tab of cpl\nctp.
Doesn't this cause problems?
5) Is there a policy of changing HotKey?
HotKey stands for a word in English, not Japanese.
so some HotKey is hard to use for Japanese, I think.
If many Japanese (or other non-English user) think "it is better to change", we can chang
Or changing HotKey cause confusion, so it is improper to change?
6) Why some HotKey of ReactOS are different from those of Windows?
(e.g. Keyboard tab of cpl\access)
More information about the ros-translate