[ros-web] What to do?

Jason Filby jason.filby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 21:29:50 CET 2004

Hi

> Drupal seems to me to be a good system simply based upon the fact that
> it's far more pluggable than ezPublish.

There's another factor to consider when choosing software: support and
documentation. For this project we need both of these to be free since
we have no income (the ReactOS Foundation may change this at some
stage).

When I was starting of with ezPublish, I found the support on the
forums to be really painful. Support is obviously where the developers
wanted to make additional income (and rightly so) but that left
ezPublish users who couldn't put up money for support in a tight spot.
Experienced ezPublish users where also at a loss because new versions
come out all the time.

The support issue was compounded by lack of good documentation. Had
the documentation been better and more complete, perhaps the lack of
presence of ezPublish developers on forums (not a complete lack
though) would have been less of an issue.

I do know that at that time the developers were also making it a major
goal to write more and better documentation. I don't know the current
state of this, I think that we should investigate these two factors in
any software we choose.

Regards
Jason