[ros-dev] RE: [ros-svn] [ion] 17650: - Fix kernel32 and ntoskrnl build issues.

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Mon Sep 5 11:24:35 CEST 2005

> From: ion at svn.reactos.com
>
> - Fix kernel32 and ntoskrnl build issues.
> - Define public version of DEVOBJ_EXTENSION in DDK.

Ok, I have to wonder, did you bother to do ANY testing on your
DEVOBJ_EXTENSION/EXTENDED_DEVOBJ_EXTENSION changes at all? Like, uhm, just
trying to boot? 'cause it seems very unlikely to me that you were able to
successfully boot. IoCreateDevice allocates only enough room for
DEVOBJ_EXTENSION, but the allocated pointer is cast to
PEXTENDED_DEVOBJ_EXTENSION (a much larger struct) all over the place, so
we're reading/writing outside allocated memory in a zillion places.

Gé van Geldorp.