[ros-dev] problem with current svn

Hartmut Birr osexpert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 19:26:34 CEST 2005

Alex Ionescu wrote:

> Hartmut Birr wrote:
>

>> Have you looked to RtlUnicodeStringToAnsiSize and
>> RtlUnicodeStringToOemSize? They do simply the same and cannot fix the
>> bug.
>>

> I don't understand what you mean? Those macros are re-written from the
> IFS, they can't be wrong... I must be misunderstanding you.

RtlUnicodeStringToAnsiSize uses either the Length value from given
string or calls RtlxUnicodeStringToAnsiSize which calls
RtlUnicodeToMultiByteSize. RtlUnicodeStringToOemSize uses either the
Length value from given string or calls RtlxUnicodeStringToOemSize which
calls RtlUnicodeToMultiByteSize. Multibyte code pages are not
implemented. Both functions return the Length value from given string.
That's why replacing RtlUnicodeStringToAnsiSize with
RtlUnicodeStringToOemSize has no effect and cannot fix the bug.

- Hartmut