[ros-dev] Testing ROS on VMWare With 32MB... Interesting Results

WaxDragon waxdragon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:53:30 CEST 2005

Let's keep in mind that the only time Alex was able to obtain these
results are in the revisions right after the 0.2.6 release.  The
versions that worked are noted in the "ReactOS is a fat pig" bug.
Also, your Testing Coordinator *still* cannot reproduce TwoTailedFox's
results.  If anyone else can, I am interesting in hearing about your
config.

On 9/13/05, Alex Ionescu <ionucu at videotron.ca> wrote:
> TwoTailedFox wrote:
>
> >Something in the GUI is causing a leak
> >

> I don't think it's a leak, it's just the GUI eating memory.
>
> I was able to boot ReactOS with 13.5MB memory into command prompt and
> ping, that's about it.
> 15-16MB got me working FTP and other command apps worked fine.
> 18MB got me GUI, but almost nothing else would run.
> 20MB got me GUI with the basic apps working, regedit, my computer,
> taskmgr, etc.
> 24MB got me a fully working ReactOS environment that never crashed due
> to low-memory.
>
> Best regards,
> Alex Ionescu

#irc.freenode.net #reactos
01:03PM <filip2307> i don't know about any bug
01:04PM <filip2307> none exist
01:04PM <filip2307> ReactOS is prefect