[ros-dev] I/O subsystem question

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Wed Sep 14 09:55:48 CEST 2005

> From: art yerkes
>
> Hmm.  I know that before moved I created different events
> used by each synchronous call in msafd to correct exactly
> that problem.  Is that not working?

The problem was that the handle was opened with the
FILE_SYNCHRONOUS_IO_NONALERT option. This caused NtDeviceIoControlFile to do
an internal wait if the driver returned STATUS_PENDING. As a result,
STATUS_PENDING was no longer returned as the status by NtDeviceIoControlFile
to msafd, so the waits in msafd were bypassed.
I've attached the proposed patch to bug 713. No comments so far.

Gé van Geldorp.