[ros-dev] Trunk Freeze

Hartmut Birr osexpert at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:15:49 CEST 2005

Aleksey Bragin wrote:

> I can't boot ReactOS with MP HAL (but compiled with SMP=0) - it hangs
> in VMWare 4.5 on the "Loading disk.sys". I remember some time ago it
> hun on "Loading buslogic.sys" but I just deleted it.

Our mp hal will not work with SMP=0, because the generic part from hal
must be compile with SMP=1. The mp hal will not work with the up
ntoskrnl, because there are some differences in ntoskrnl\ke\irq.c. You
have to build a mp system and you have to modify the nameoncd line in
halmp.xcl and halup.xcl to copy the correct hal to the boot cd.

- Hartmut