[ros-dev] found it! the "dce porting" header file

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 18 10:08:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:43, Saveliy Tretiakov wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >guys (wine team) i have to say this.  you were utterly insane to not use
> >freedce as your starting point - and i am still bewildered by you not
> >even looking at its source code (which is topologically identical in
> >almost all areas, to what you've created) or the opengroup's
> > documentation.
> >
> >i say that with the greatest of respect for what you've achieved without
> >freedce.
>
> And what is freedce's idl compiler status? Is it better than widl? (widl
> has a lack of many features)
> Is it possible to use it in reactos?

I've just checked the license details.  FreeDCE's backend is licensed under a
form of MIT/BSD License, so nobody'll mind - from the Copying file:

The DCE/RPC backend:

 (c) Copyright 1994 OPEN SOFTWARE FOUNDATION, INC.
 (c) Copyright 1994 HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY
 (c) Copyright 1994 DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION
 To anyone who acknowledges that this file is provided "AS IS"
 without any express or implied warranty:
                 permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
 file for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
 the above copyright notices and this notice appears in all source
 code copies, and that none of the names of Open Software
 Foundation, Inc., Hewlett-Packard Company, or Digital Equipment
 Corporation be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to
 distribution of the software without specific, written prior
 permission.  Neither Open Software Foundation, Inc., Hewlett-
 Packard Company, nor Digital Equipment Corporation makes any
 representations about the suitability of this software for any
 purpose.

The DCE compatible threads library:

		    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
		       Version 2, June 1991