[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [gdalsnes]18113:-reorderInsertXscendingOrder macro argument order andupdate uses

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Wed Sep 28 18:14:55 CEST 2005

Casper Hornstrup wrote:
> Oh please don’t go there. Do you honestly think you (in general) are
> smarter at generating microprocessor instructions than a multi-million hour
> compiler software?
In some places it does matter, especially in the kernel.

Splitting up a 200 lines functions in 10 helper functions IMO is ugly,
especially when those helper functions are only used by that one single
function. To avoid code duplication I *do* create helper functions, but
most often only for things that can be shared with other code. I don't
have problems with functions with a few hundreds of lines of code as
long as the coding style is acceptable and it is sufficiently documented
with comments.

However, we're going off topic...

- Thomas