[ros-dev] Site is down on release day! YAY!

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.org
Fri Sep 30 10:18:13 CEST 2005

> From: Alex Ionescu
>
> The site has been slow day, some pages not loading, the
> screenshots especially (confirmed by over 5 people). Now, as
> I write this, it's totally dead for myself, Steven, and some
> other users in the channel.

It's an unfortunate coincidence. There was a problem in the configuration of
the firewall between the internet and the university network to which
www.reactos.org is connected. It took the network people a while to track
this down and fix it. The slowness of the site was caused by the firewall
problem, not by the switch to the new system. The site is quite snappy for
me now.

Gé van Geldorp.