[ros-dev] GSOC 2016 - SSH Service Project

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Wed Mar 2 17:49:06 UTC 2016

Hi Zachary,

Le 02/03/2016 17:58, Zachary Gorden a écrit :
> Any SSH server developed for ReactOS would need to be written in C/C++
> and be compilable by both GCC and VC++. So while the expectation is that
> a developer would likely need to pull a SSH library from an existing
> source such as OpenSSH, the server itself will almost certainly need to
> be written from scratch if only because there does not exist as far as I
> am aware of a fully open source SSH server that runs natively on Windows
> without hauling around the likes of cygwin. Apache Mina is written in
> Java and therefore would be inappropriate as a starting base for the SSH
> server project.

actually there is a project at microsoft for porting openssh on windows
as a native process. I think it come from the NX/Nomachine code base:

https://github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH

It does compile and install without cygwin are a prerequisite, however
it is not yet production ready.

About the next post of Ged, there seems to be a plan for MS to add a ssh
server in their distribution :
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powershell/2015/06/03/looking-forward-microsoft-support-for-secure-shell-ssh/

Cheers,

Denis