[ros-dev] Hello, GSoC 2016

Amine Khaldi amine.khaldi at reactos.org
Sat Mar 5 15:32:45 UTC 2016

> Hi,I'm Chu Bingxiang, from Harbin Engineering University, China, and this is my third year in this University. This is my first time met with ReactOS, and  I found that I really love this project. And maybe "Fully Integrate lwIP" is my dish.After reading the idea-list, I think this one is to fit IwIP well with ReactOS and I need to try my best to make further progress in it.Now I'm facing a big problem, that the newest version of lwIP is 1.4.1, and 1.5.0 is going to be released, which one should I learn?
Hi Chu, welcome to ReactOS!

The lwip version won't be a problem for two reasons:

* We try to stay up to date whenever a new release is available.
* There *shouldn't* be significant differences between lwip versions to
the point of needing to rewrite the whole tcpip driver when a new lwip
version is released.

Also, please consider joining our IRC channel if you need realtime
discussions/interactions.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Amine.