[ros-dev] GSOC-2016

Amine Khaldi amine.khaldi at reactos.org
Sat Mar 5 17:57:59 UTC 2016

> Hi my name is samian

Hi Samian, welcome to ReactOS!

> I wanted to write up a proposal for the project
>

>       "Integrating SMB into ReactOS "
>

> I was wondering whether anyone has taken up this project or not yet ?

Not yet. Please feel free to apply for it.

> Is this an active project as is anyone currently working on it, as of
> now i am looking int the codes to come up with a plan for the
> development. Currently i am working with the samba team in testing a
> new copy transfer system, which they plan to implement into the future.
>
> I just need to know this project is online and someone working around
> to mentor me at some stages.

All the accepted projects will have mentors assigned to them as per GSoC
rules. Our community, and our mentors especially, are determined to make
the students feel welcome, integrated, and progressing nicely, in the
hopes that they continue contributing to free open source software even
after their GSoC participation.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Amine.