[ros-dev] Student Application

Dasha Che chedas2000 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 04:21:05 UTC 2016

Hello, my name is Dasha. I would like to apply to be a participant in your
group for the Google Summer of Code. Below I have written out some of the
information that you were asking for and I would be very grateful if you
took the time to read over and consider it.

General Info

Name: Daria (Dasha) Chekhovskaya

Languages: Fully fluent in both Russian and English

Time Zone: Central Time Zone

ReactOS website account name:  N/A

IRC nickname on Freenode: Dashka

Time Commitment

I have two main things that I have set in stone for this coming summer. I
have to take a drivers ed course, because learning how drive is a useful
skill as we all know, but the course is only two weeks long either in the
mornings or in the afternoons, so it shouldn’t really get in the way much.
The second is boxing. I take boxing and kickboxing lessons and also help
out with some of the kids classes. It’s generally Monday to Friday for a
couple hours in the evening. Most of the time that I would be working on
the project on would probably be in the morning, evening, and into the late
evenings.

Proposed Projects

-Folder Treeview in Explorer
https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016_Ideas#Folder_TreeView_in_Explorer

-Audio Mixer

https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016_Ideas#Audio_Mixer

-NTFS Driver Improvement

https://www.reactos.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016_Ideas#NTFS_driver_improvements

One of the problems is that I don’t have a portfolio. I do have some
precious experience in working in C++ and a couple other programming
languages. I am by no means a professional but I’m always ready to listen
and learn. I pick things up very quickly, so as long as I’m given pretty
straight forward directions as to what needs to be done I, personally, have
no doubts I’ll be able to figure out what to do.

Best Regards,

Dasha Chekhovskaya