[ros-dev] GSoC proposal

Sylvain Deverre deverre.sylv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:24:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

You are right, the search band is a quite hard piece (because it's
mostly undocumented) and the Windows search band is even not yet able
to search when hosted in our current explorer window.

So, I think the goals for this project are:
 * investigate and fill the gaps in our explorer infrastructure to
allow to use windows search inside our explorer
 * investigate on how search works on Windows, and then try to
document/implement a band that works on Windows 2003 and ReactOS if you
have time to it :)

So if you are interested to apply for this project, you'll need some
skills (or learn them) in debugging and analyzing debug traces as said
on the wiki page, and maybe see my github branch (which aims to bring a
proper explorer band infrastructure in ReactOS, and already has
a folder treeview band implemented and almost finished), here: https://
github.com/sdever/reactos/tree/shell-work, since trunk implementation
is incomplete at the moment.