[ros-dev] [GSOC] Student Application Form (NTFS RW)

Vlad Kudoyar vlad81611 at yandex.ru
Mon Mar 21 15:03:26 UTC 2016

Hello

My name is Vlad Kudoyar and I'm a 3rd course student in
Donetsk National Technical Univercity (Ukraine). My
speciality is Computer Engineering.

Languages: Russian, English (I can easily read texts but
write with Google Translate :) ).

Timezone: UTC +03:00.

IRC Nickname: Vlad8161.

I will be able to spend almost all of my summer working
on this project. I have bodybuilding trainings 3 times a
week, but they don't take too much time.

In ROS project I want to work on NTFS driver. I think I
can cope with implementing RW features.

General milestones:
1. Implementing features to modify MFT records' attributes
2. Implementing create/delete MFT records functionality
3. Implementing journaling

I realize that this plan is easy to write but hard to
implement but it is another goot reason to try hard.
I had filesystem course in my university so I can imagine
what I have to work with. I know basic NTFS concepts
and structure of this file system, but I have too little
experience with driver development. I hope mentors will
help me in this field.