[ros-dev] UEFI Bootmgr vs. FreeLdr

Colin Finck colin at reactos.org
Sun Feb 5 10:25:12 UTC 2017

Hi all!

Seeing the recent UEFI Bootmgr work in trunk, I was wondering about its
design.
Will that be a UEFI-only boot loader or eventually replace/merge with
FreeLdr to provide a common boot loader for BIOS and UEFI systems?
Will it simply follow all design principles of the NT6+ boot loader or
also implement some own ideas or take over those from FreeLdr?

For instance, I totally like FreeLdr's configuration through INI files
and would prefer that any day over NT6+ BCD registry hives.

Cheers,

Colin