[ros-dev] Microsoft switched to Git

Zachary Gorden drakekaizer666 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:01:04 UTC 2017

Why is there a need for anything beyond "git commit" or "git push" or "git
pull" to do anything? Why should I, as a developer, be required to
micromanage the revision control mechanism? That's the fundamental point of
my previous message. If I have to spend more time getting a commit through
to the canonical repo than I do making a change to the code, that suggests
to me whatever tool I'm using for revision control is not fit for purpose.
If dealing with the common case, of someone committing before you, cannot
be automated cleanly by git out of the box, how is it a better tool than
the likes of svn?