[ros-dev] Regression in r75772 broke multiple disk drive support

Dimitrij Klingbeil dklingb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:07:25 UTC 2017

Hi Pierre

Some parts of this issue seem fixed, but not all - at least not reliably.

The second drive does appear at first. But as soon as something is done
with it (like starting a program / an installer from it), the system will
become rather temperamental. While the program does run, after the next
ReactOS reboot, the drive disappears again, and this time it completely
disappears rather than looking empty or raw-mounted. After the subsequent
reboot, the drive appears again. Hard to tell, why.

At least that's what I've tried with an otherwise freshly formatted drive:

- Create a directory "Software"
- Put inside the Firefox 45.9.0-ESR installer
- Start the installer
- Wait until it finishes extracting its contents in a temp location
- The installer will greet one with its "Welcome" screen
- Rather than continuing, reboot ReactOS now
- After the reboot, drive D is no longer there
- Reboot ReactOS again
- Drive D re-appears and its contents are still in place
- Try the installer again (possibly letting it finish)
- Reboot again, and the drive disappears
- Reboot an additional time, and the drive re-appears
- etc. repetitively, ad infinitum
- One reboot "breaks" something, the next one "fixes" it again

This was seen with ReactOS r75915, tested just a moment ago.

Regards
Dimitrij