MS wants Nerds to help get Windows XP away from grandma

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

milon

Re: MS wants Nerds to help get Windows XP away from grandma

Post by milon »

Dave3434 wrote:if your going to change your target roll please keep the windows xp look and feel. :(
You know, if you put that in your signature it would save you from having to post it in every discussion of potential changes.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

milon wrote:
Dave3434 wrote:if your going to change your target roll please keep the windows xp look and feel. :(
You know, if you put that in your signature it would save you from having to post it in every discussion of potential changes.
LOL. :lol:

I'm not sure why people get getting all alarmed about it.

It's as clear as daylight that, sooner or later, we'll have to move on with our goal and have to be more compatible with newer Windows verions. Best goal, as of yet, would be win7. But even if we do, and a lot get changed 'under the hood', that does not mean the look and feel can't be kept to the users' choosing, at least for the experience he gets.

I guess there will be some 'theme' to put it back into the old winXP style and compatibility. A bit like MS already does, but we'll do it much better. :-)

(I hope :? )
milon

Post by milon »

Webunny wrote:,
I guess there will be some 'theme' to put it back into the old winXP style and compatibility. A bit like MS already does, but we'll do it much better. :-)

(I hope :? )
+1

No reason why we can't. There's already a WinXP them for Win7, and a Win7 theme for WinXP.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

i don't know how to do that mate LOL i just like the looks of w7 i'll go with vista but not 7 or 8. but like i said i perfer w2000/xp. :D
oldman

Post by oldman »

by Dave3434 » 17 Mar 2014 03:55
i don't know how to do that mate LOL i just like the looks of w7 i'll go with vista but not 7 or 8. but like i said i perfer w2000/xp.
I have just done this, and it is easy!

At the top of every page you will see this:

" Board index ‹ General ‹ Off Topic

User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts
"

Just click on the " User Control Panel"
In the user control panel, click the "Profile" tab, then click on "Edit signature" and then type a signature in the box and save it, and your done.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

thanks mate :)