Re: Kitchens For Sale

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Postby Heis Spiter » 22 Dec 2014 09:08
Just leaving it there so that it can be seen:
Don't reply to spam. It just make our work harder and brings nothing.
Next time you do it, I'll ban you along with the spammer.
Yes, shoot the messenger. That always helps.

Unless your code is completely borked, it shouldn't be more difficult to delete a thread than to delete a post. Furthermore, threatening to ban someone who points the spam out is ludicrous, unless you're implying I have anything to do with the spamming?

As for the 'brings nothing': I would venture the only thing that helps against spam, is making it harder for spam to be placed there. A lot of suggestions of me and others how to improve things are usually mentioned with a link in the posts I make to those spamposts. Feel free to check them out. It would do you and the forum more good than assassin and mindboggling threats to people who point out the problems.
Last edited by Webunny on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konata

Post by Konata »

So much drama over a granite countertop
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Konata wrote:So much drama over a granite countertop
And of low quality granite, at that...
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

There is a report button for every post for bringing spam to our attention. The next time you post a response to a spam post instead of using the report button will count as your strike three, Webunny. And no, I really don't care what self-justification you offer for not following our instructions.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Z98 wrote:There is a report button for every post for bringing spam to our attention. The next time you post a response to a spam post instead of using the report button will count as your strike three, Webunny. And no, I really don't care what self-justification you offer for not following our instructions.
No surprise there. But instead of making idiotic threats to someone who is trying to help (I guess the 'third strike' is a life-long sentence ;-) ), you would do better to 'care' about the major regression I reported earlier.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

You really want your last warning, huh? How about commenting the maybe already existant report in Jira, where it belongs instead of hijacking all active threads??!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...